Thursday, October 11, 2007

October 9th

Black-Bottom Banana Bars
I actually made these yesterday (it was on my list ) but I figured I'd better get a picture before they were gone. We had some over ripe bananas and I didn't feel like making banana bread so I pulled out one of my cooking magazines and found this. On a side note - I love lists and I love cooking magazines. Perhaps because a recipe is in the form of a list?
Anyway here's the recipe!
Black Bottom Banana Bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cp sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup baking cocoa
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, beat until thoroughly combined. Blend in the bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to half; spread into a greased 13 in x 9in x 2 in baking pan. Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 deg for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool.

1 comment:

berrypatch said...

Yum - I may have to make these for my hubby. :-)