Thursday, December 27, 2007

December 25th


Merry Christmas!!
Sierra stayed overnight so everyone (in the state at least) was here for Christmas morning.


Sierra was buried under gifts.
Daniel was so surprised by a Sheetz gift card! Considering that he walked into the store while I was buying it I think he might have been a little melodramatic.
Arthur was surprised by his football jersey. See we both had them during the Superbowl a couple of years ago but they disappeared in the move. Since we have never found them, we think they got thrown out by accident. Of course, they will reappear now that I bought a new one.

Sierra and Grandma and Gracie checking out their gifts.
We had prime rib, twice backed potatoes, and Caesar salad for dinner. Dessert was Chocolate Trifle and Pecan Pie. I didn't want to go crazy with desserts since there was only 7 of us this year (Andrew, Sierra's boyfriend, joined us) but the kids have been bugging me for the trifle. I make it to bring to everything but they never get to eat it! After naps all around, we went to the movies. We ended up seeing Charlie Wilson's War. Not your usual Christmas fare but National Treasure was sold out. I though it was good although there was some questionable scenes (nudity) in the beginning.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Happy Holidays Cuz! You guys look happy and I like the Bruschi jersey!:) Oh and you guys eat good stuff and make me hungry:)

Kristine said...

Your dinner sounds delicious, Michele. Thanks for the heads up about Nat'l Treasure, we'll skip it. I don't need to worry about that with my 9yods. :/

Emily said...

Your meals always sounds sooooo good!

Michele said...

Oh no, Kristine. We didn't see National Treasure! Charlie Wilson's War had the nudity but I wouldn't think the subject matter would appeal to a 9 year old anyway.