
Last night, I was longing for the old days when all my kids were home. This empty nest syndrome is kind of strange. It hits in waves; I'll be fine for awhile and then it crashes over me. I look other moms who have been through this and have lived to tell the tale so I know that I will survive. It's not even so much missing my children (three of them are still "home") as missing the life we had then. So much of our lives revolved around our children. Now everyone is going their own direction. My kids are all great and we spend time together but it isn't the same. This picture was taken in 2003 so Andy would have been 17, Ben 18 1/2, Dan 13, Rachel 16, and Sierra 15.
People always say to enjoy your children because in a blink of an eye, they are grown up. It's so true!





3 comments:
Oh, Michelle, this idea of your children leaving is becoming more real for us. Bess is only 14 but I can see my trying to hold her back like trying to hold water in my hand. I am going to miss her so much when she leaves home. There is a big gap between her and the younger four...seven years.
I have the same kinds of "longing for the old day" feelings now that we have added the new kids....life is definitely very different, good, but different and I find myself having wistful moments of remember how it used to be.
What a wonderful picture of the whole kit and caboodle together. It must be strange to have them leave home. I really appreciate you and others (like De'Etta) sharing your feelings as you walk through these situations. Helps the rest of us see what is coming and be a little more prepared.
Having 3 teenagers in the house there are many nights a week where many of us are missing . . Since I have been posting pregnancy pictures it brought back so many sweet memories of when we were all together all the time. How I miss those days!
Post a Comment