Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Pork Chop Supper
Pork chops
1 1/2 cups rice (Uncle Ben's is all I'm allowed to use )
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 1/3 cups chicken broth
2 small chopped apples
1 tble butter, melted
1 tble brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Brown the pork chops in a deep frying pan (use a little oil if necessary). Remove pork chops, saute rice with onion until golden. Add chicken broth. Bring to boil and add chopped apple. Simmer for 2 or 3 minutes. Put mixture in 13 x 9 pan, arrange pork chops on top. Cover pan and cook in 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Mix butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Take out pork chops, brush butter mixture on pork chops and cook, uncovered for another 10 minutes.

I served this with steamed green beans. Yum!

1 comment:

Emily said...

We do not eat too much pork but once in a while a good pork chop hits the spot. I will put this on my to try list :-) Thanks for sharing!