Saturday morning, we woke up to rain! Oh no! I had tickets at an outdoor venue for Brooks & Dunn and Alan Jackson at night! At 1:00, I had an appointment at the day spa for a hot rock massage, manicure and pedicure. It was a Christmas gift from my kids at Christmas. I never seem to be able to get 3 hrs free. It was wonderful! Meanwhile it was thundering and lightening off and on all day. I spoke to Rose and we decided to go anyway and see how it went. After the spa, we went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. Neither of our husbands like Mexican so it was a perfect choice. The lights blinked on and off .

Rose sporting her fashionable rain poncho!

Rose sporting her fashionable rain poncho!
We got the the pavilion and it was jam packed. Apparently, a little bad weather doesn't stop true fans. By the time we got to the gate, we were soaked to the knees!

Rose had some slight trouble getting through the gate because the scanner wasn't reading her water logged ticket.

Ok, so my loop is having a blog challenge - try to disprove stereotypes of your state. Unfortunately, I think we confirmed them. We had John Deer Lawn tickets - hence the tractor. You just find a spot on a big hill and (normally) spread out your blanket or rent $5 chairs and enjoy the show. Being the big spenders we are, we upgraded when we got there and had actual seats. At least we wouldn't get our butts wet! The show started at 7:30 and it only sprinkled a bit after that. Alan Jackson sang the song I added to the page. Of course, Brooks and Dunn sand "I believe" which is one of my favorites. I have never been to a concert where people were raising hands like they were in church. After we left, we realized that neither of us paid attention to where we parked. We usually have the guys with us and that must be their job. We were wandering through the parking lot looking for our car. Lol! Rose did remember that we parked next to a pick up truck. That wasn't a whole lot of help at a Brooks & Dunn concert in NC! Fortunately, she drives a bright yellow car so we eventually spotted it. After a brief concern where we were running on empty (Rose told me that if her car ran out of gas, I had to call my husband - she'd return the favor someday) we made it home.

Rose had some slight trouble getting through the gate because the scanner wasn't reading her water logged ticket.

Ok, so my loop is having a blog challenge - try to disprove stereotypes of your state. Unfortunately, I think we confirmed them. We had John Deer Lawn tickets - hence the tractor. You just find a spot on a big hill and (normally) spread out your blanket or rent $5 chairs and enjoy the show. Being the big spenders we are, we upgraded when we got there and had actual seats. At least we wouldn't get our butts wet! The show started at 7:30 and it only sprinkled a bit after that. Alan Jackson sang the song I added to the page. Of course, Brooks and Dunn sand "I believe" which is one of my favorites. I have never been to a concert where people were raising hands like they were in church. After we left, we realized that neither of us paid attention to where we parked. We usually have the guys with us and that must be their job. We were wandering through the parking lot looking for our car. Lol! Rose did remember that we parked next to a pick up truck. That wasn't a whole lot of help at a Brooks & Dunn concert in NC! Fortunately, she drives a bright yellow car so we eventually spotted it. After a brief concern where we were running on empty (Rose told me that if her car ran out of gas, I had to call my husband - she'd return the favor someday) we made it home.





2 comments:
How fun, Michele! You sure are die-hard fans.
I had to laugh about running out of gas. :-) Glad you made it & could enjoy the concert - rain & all.
Post a Comment