
I was hoping that Arthur was just sick from something he ate. However, I got it today so I guess not. Sierra came over after work and packed up most of her stuff. She's still staying with a friend until they manage to coordinate the apartment. So far they have gotten turned down for almost everything they have applied for. They looked at a house that is near here but in really bad shape. The owner said they could rent it when he fixed it up but they aren't too sure when that will be. They can get approved for an apartment near one of the colleges but its about 30 mins from here and Sierra isn't thrilled with that. We will see. I think she found out that you don't always get what you want, just because you want it. I'm glad she came by today because it gave me a chance to remind her that this is home and if she decides that it is worth it to follow the rules, she is always welcome. Somehow, she doesn't always seem to hear what we say. Last time she dropped by, joked that she feels homeless. I didn't think of it until later that she isn't homeless, she has just chosen not to live at home.
Overall, she seems to be in good spirits and really seems to be trying to get herself settled. When I originally gave her 8 weeks to find something, she made very little effort. Why do they wait until they are up against the wall before they do something?
I am not sure how I feel about all this. Part of me is afraid that she is gong to get in a bad situation and part of me is relieved that I don't have to worry all night about when or if she is coming home. Please continue to pray!





No comments:
Post a Comment