Sunday, April 20, 2008

April 19th



Now that they have raised the water restrictions we are going to try to get our side yards to grow grass again. The Carolina clay just doesn't grow grass well! So Joe and Arthur went and got some dirt and seed and we'll see if the side yard will take this time. We are only doing one side right now. If it grows will do the other side come fall. I'm also hoping to put some bushes and pine straw on the slope to prevent run off and putting bushes and annual plants on the side of the house. No one ever told me that trying to landscape from scratch is hard and expensive!

1 comment:

The Proverbs Wife said...

Tell me about trying to grow grass in the Carolina's and I will tel you about the time, labor and money we have put into seeding and reseeding our land.

We just can't get seed to grow. We have resolved ourselves to pallets, which are super expensive to cover all of our property.

I hope your seed takes.