Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April

We've had lots of rain here in NC. It's good because ever since we moved here we've been constantly in drought but I've been horribly sick with allergies. Apparently, the rain stirs up all the pollen. I think I've narrowed it down to pine trees. Unfortunately, we were in between health insurances so I technically had no insurance. When I started sounding like I had pneumonia, I decided to bite the bullet and go. Thanks to a giant bag of samples of Musinex, Allegra-D and Nasenex, I'm feeling much better. On April 4th, we had our Easter egg hunt at work. We were blessed with beautiful weather and all of the kids had a blast. Of course, it took 2 hrs to "hide" the eggs, and only 10 minutes to find them all!


The Egg Hunt


The next weekend was Easter. Arthur and I both went to help set up for Easter service. We had a sunrise service at 6:30 am and then a 10:00 am service followed by a cookout. This was the first sunrise service that I have ever attended. I always say that Sunrise service would be wonderful if it was later!


It was a bit chilly


but beautiful!




Note the lovely flower arrangements - I helped with those! lol! Well, I put them where Susie told me to anyway.


The Praise and Worship Team

Praise and Worship



Lunch!



The hunt is on!


The feeding of the 5000

The cooks!


Rachel



There was a slight misadventure with my Coconut Cake. Arthur saved it! It's amazing what one can do with lots of coconut and frosting - sort of like Spackle. Obviously it still tasted good!







No comments: