Tuesday, April 7, 2009

March

March seemed to fly by! I had a birthday this month. I turned 45! AAAAHHHHHH! We've been busy at our church Calvary Chapel Clayton - well technically it's still a fellowship. But we had our 1st Sunday service on March 22nd. It was so exciting. Although we know that there were a lot of people were there to support the church and were visiting and I know numbers don't matter, it was cool that we had 168 people at our first service! We've been able to be more involved at the church since Arthur got laid off two weeks ago. We didn't expect that but it's in God's plans for us. I had been worried about him with the number of hours he was working and the stress level. I know God has something much better for him out there. In the meantime, maybe we can get some projects done around the house.


This is something you probably never thought you'd see Arthur doing again. This was actually another little snow storm in March in NC! Now I don't ever do this - my car goes in the garage!





March 22nd - Calvary Chapel Clayton's new pulpit





Arthur plays bass in the praise and worship band




Our first Sunday Service!



Pastor Kevin


Our church is held in a preschool building. It's ideal in that there are plenty of rooms for all the children's classes, a kitchen, and a large area for service. However, it does require that we set up and break down each time. So Arthur has been helping to get everything ready on Saturday's. Our home fellowship meets every other Saturday so we are finally able to join that as well. I always knew that Arthur's work was an interruption in the important stuff!


Hmmm... this was on my camera. I wonder how it got there?






No comments: