Monday, June 11, 2007

June 11th

Part of our dinner tonight - Vegetable Salad

This was leftover from yesterday. It tasted better the second day! We did have a good weekend. Leaving work early on Friday enabled us to get most of our errands done. Saturday, we both "fell awake" early so we decided to go out for breakfast. The Farmer's Market has a restaurant that we had heard had excellent breakfasts. We got there and it was crowded but it was all big groups. When we told them we were 2 we were immediately seated - Arthur and I both looked at each other and said "Gee, it's good being 2!". I forgot my camera unfortunately because it was a neat place with a lot of country charm. We went over to the farmer's market afterward. It was crazy even though it was 96 degrees! We puttered around at home until Arthur had to go to Praise & Worship rehearsal. I went with him and intended to go shopping for, shall we say "undergarments". I hate shopping for "undergarments" and was not successful in my search. I picked Arthur up from rehearsal and he listened to my usual rant about the lack of customer service in department stores. Then we went to see Ocean 13. We both decided it was better than 12 but not as good as 11. Sunday we went to church and then I went shoe shopping with Sierra and then just relaxed all afternoon. I ended up making Zucchini Pineapple Bread (Yum!) and made meatballs. It's probably been 3 years since I made homemade meatballs! It was just a great relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

We LOVE home made meatballs, too. However, I don't often take time to make them. The salad looks YUMMY!

Emily said...

That salad looks so good! I have been craving all the in season summer vegetables! That picture is causing me to go right now and make a big salad!