Sunday, April 13, 2008

April 11th

Finally, at 3:30 am our soldiers marched in the redeployment room. They received a standing ovation of course. Ben was one of the last men coming out and I was almost worried that we got bad information. Finally he marched out!




There was a very brief welcome home ceremony and they were released!








We got to spend that whole day with him. Mostly we shopped ( they come back with nothing except army gear) and just got to be with him.



Welcome home Ben! We are proud of you!

5 comments:

Kristine said...

Michele! Love the photos, I can't imagine how thrilled and wonderful it must be to have your son back on US soil. :)

Unknown said...

Please convey to Ben the gratitude of our family for his service and sacrifice.

Seeing his group walking into the building put a lump in my throat. I am thankful to all the men and women who serve in our military.

Linda said...

Welcome home, Ben! So glad you got to be there, Michele!

Amy said...

Praise God for his safety! Thanks, Ben, for your service!

Debbie said...

Welcome home, Ben! Thank you so much for your service. It is an honor to know you through your mom!

Michele, I know you are so proud. God bless you all.