Tuesday, April 29, 2008
April 27th
Sunday, Pat and Dave joined us for church. It was an interesting service. I assured them that our church is very casual - our pastor has been known to preach in jeans. However, after praise and worship, Pastor Rob got up to preach looking like he had just been mowing the lawn. He was wearing ripped jeans, a stained t-shirt and a raggedy flannel shirt. Plus he obviously had not shaved and had a serious case of bed head. It was all to prove a point how we judge people on the outside but God sees the heart. Lol! It was a bit of a shock at first though. Then we all went to Golden Corral for lunch before Pat and Dave got back on the road. Arthur and I went to grab some fresh strawberries at the Farmer's Market and Ben and Rachel went off home supposedly. (Dan had to work) It turned that Ben got a tattoo. Now I'm not a big tattoo fan but this one means something to him. He was hit by 11 IED's (explosives) and survived. He spent the rest of the day with us and headed off to meet his buddies at about 9:30 that night. They had a 19 hr drive ahead of them. We had a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Oh my! 11 IED's! That is so scary! Did you tell him he wasn't supposed to tell you the meaning of the tattoo until he was retired from the military? :::grin:::
I am so thankful for Ben and all the other service men and women who put their lives on the line daily. It just humbles me and brings me to tears.
Cool tattoo... Talk about a gamble! Thanks for sharing. -Robin :)
11 - wow. Did you know this while he was over there, Michelle? How does a Mom deal with that knowledge? I guess much like a spouse....
If he wants a tatoo - well - it's cool one. LOL
LOL about the Pastor!
I know what you mean about tattoos, but it's obviously an age thing (sorry!). I think it's like multi-ear piercings were when we were young.
My dh got a tattoo last year, a visible one (lol) on his upper arm. The tat guy suggested getting it bigger, but Robert declined. After the initial shock of it (even though I was fine with it ahead of time), it probably would have looked better if it were bigger.
Anyway, I like Ben's tattoo!
Post a Comment