Monday, April 16, 2007

April 16th

Ok, stop laughing! This is our screen house after the storm. Yeah, I know- it probably wasn't too bright to put it up right before a nor' easter but we didn't expect it to be this bad. We also lost 3 trees as well. It was strange though. It made it through Saturday night, through Sunday day and night and was there this morning. I wonder if it was a tiny tornado - it is completely mangled. The metal rails are snapped so it was thrown with some force! I got 3 phone calls at work from each of my kids, "Mom, the screen porch blew away!" My children rarely call me at work since I made it clear that unless they are bleeding or the house is on fire, we'll discuss it at night. I used to get the calls that went, " Well, I can't decide whether to wear the blue shirt or the red one..." or once, "What's in the Tupperware container in the fridge? " Oh wait, that was my husband! I told him, if he couldn't identify it, don't eat it!" I digress... Yes, part of the house blowing away does rate a phone call. Arthur and I came home at lunch to see if it was salvageable. Maybe they exaggerated. Unfortunately, it was just a pile of twisted metal. Perhaps a modern sculpture? Hmmm... Thankfully, it didn't hit anyone or anything. If it went backwards it would have broken my sliders! PTL!

5 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Oh Michele, what a bummer! I laughed at the part about your dh calling to ask those 'basic' questions. :) So sorry you lost your screen house. Was it terribly valuable? Three trees as well, no fun!

Kathy in WA said...

Okay, I am WAY behind! I didn't realize you had JUST put up the screen porch. Now, I must admit I'm chuckling just a little bit (just a bit). Look how great it is to record your life on the Project 365. Ha!

Cynthia said...

Michele,
ugh... what a lot of work you put in to the screen to have it blown away before you could even use it much. Will you replace it with the same type screen or will you have to use something more permanent now?

Cynthia said...

Michele,
ugh... what a lot of work you put in to the screen to have it blown away before you could even use it much. Will you replace it with the same type screen or will you have to use something more permanent now?

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Sad....