Sunday, April 22, 2007

April 21st


THE STRAWBERRIES ARE READY! We started our Saturday with a trip to the Farmer's Market. There is always somebody offering you a free strawberry to try. The young girl handed us strawberries almost as big as my fist. So, of course, we bought a basket of strawberries, plus collard greens, asparagus, and tomatoes. My husband always has to buy boiled peanuts. Yuck! He says it's an acquired taste but I definitely haven't acquired it yet!


It's kind of funny, but the fastest way for us to get to the Farmer's Market is right through downtown Raleigh. This is the skyline. Yes, those are about all the tall buildings we have.


After we got home from the Farmer's Market, I went over my friend's house, to help set up for her husband's surprise birthday party. It went well and he "appeared" to be properly surprised! I brought the trifle in the middle of the table and a coconut pie that we picked up at the Farmer's Market. Arthur had Praise and Worship rehearsal and then joined us at about 7:00. Happy Birthday, Joe!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

The strawberries look YUMMY! We are just now starting to get some really sweet ones in our grocery stores!

Kathy in WA said...

Boy, those strawberries look amazing! I need to make farmer's markets a priority this year. Every year I vow to go regularly and NEVER do.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Oh WOW - those are big strawberries!!!

berrypatch said...

Okay, I'm drooling over the strawberries too. WOW! I can't wait for them to be ready here but we have at least 3-4 weeks before we can get them fresh. Lisa in ME