Tuesday, April 10, 2007

April 8th HAPPY EASTER!






Happy Easter Everyone! We had a wonderful Easter. Dan was still in RI and Rachel was working but Sierra went to church with us. Immediately after church, we had a pot luck. I couldn't believe how many people stayed. I originally thought I would bring a plate home for Dan but there wasn't anything left! The pictures are of the coconut cake I made before, the pot luck, our Easter egg hunt, Jacob with his eggs, and my cake after .
During all this began the saga we will hereby call "The Adventures of Daniel in Boston". We got a phone call while we were at the pot luck that he had taken a bus from Providence into Boston and got off at the wrong stop. So now he has to find alternate transportation to the airport! He followed the signs to the T (subway) to get to the airport. He didn't have any cash on him so he had to find an ATM to get $2 to ride the T. He trekked through Boston, lugging his suitcase, trying to find the train. I was a bit panicked that he was going to miss his plane but there wasn't anything that we could do. Finally he called and left a message that all was well. When he got here, he told us that he actually beat the bus to the airport! It was a bit nerve racking for us but I think he was proud of himself for solving his problem.

2 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

I was a bit distracted from your tale by those pictures of your delicious cake. Next time try to stick to one thing or another - child trying not to miss his flight / yummy potluck with coconut cake. I can't do both. Lol!

Cynthia said...

Sounds like you had a BUSY Easter!