Monday, January 8, 2007

January 8th


On Monday morning, you can find me... Staring at this pile of work on my desk! I've been working in Accounting (more or less) for a little over a year. I'm technically Payroll/Benefits Administrator but I do a lot of work for accounting, especially now that we are down one person. I worked with spreadsheets ALL DAY LONG today. I like it when they work out but hate it when something doesn't work and I can't find the problem. Most of the time, I really enjoy my job. It's funny how life changes. If anyone told me that this is what I would be doing now, I would have thought they were crazy. But here I am, often reminded of the ever changing seasons of life. "But God intends that we joyfully take each season of life as it comes. Whatever our age, He imparts what we need to be all that we can be. He asks us to commit our way to Him and accept the struggles He allows and the strength He provides" Our Daily Bread 2004.

2 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Michele--what did you do before this? Why is it so surprising? Working instead of homeschooling??? The financial field instead of (fill in the blank). I am a literature major so you probably won't ever find me working in accounting. :)

Michele said...

Yes, working instead of home schooling. I worked part-time as a librarian assistant and home schooled 5 children for so long.
It is just such a change in life style to be working full-time and have graduated 4 children! I went back to school when I had my 3rd starting college and intended on getting an Associates to be a Legal Assistant and ended up falling into a job as an assistant in Human Resources. I found out that I loved HR and actually enjoyed accounting! Who knew? It is also different having only 3 at home and living with "adults" (well most of the time) instead of
children.