Sunday, January 14, 2007

January 14th


We took the back roads to church today and this sign always makes me laugh! The Raleigh area is undergoing so much growth. There is still a rural feel, especially in outlying towns like ours, but right next to older farms and tobacco barns are brand new developments with $300,000 homes. I wonder what it look like in 10 years. A lot of farmers are selling there land to developers. You can't blame them; they can't make money in tobacco anymore. Most of the growth has been in the last 5 years. I'm of mixed opinion about it all. While I love the small town feel of Knightdale, I really like having a Target, Applebees, and Chilis close by. They all opened since we moved here in June! 264 Bypass opened about a year ago and with it brought business and raised home prices. This Tuesday, 540 is opening. That will simplify my life a lot since that will bring us right into Raleigh where our church is and where we work. Unfortunately, all the land around this new highway has already been sold to developers. On a bright note, in one day our house will jump $10,000 in value. I guess you can't stop progress.

No comments: