Sunday, January 21, 2007

January 21st


Sunday - church, lunch, football. Ok, no football for me! Today was Arthur's last day teaching youth (they were rotating). They currently don't have anyone to work with the youth and are asking for prayer that God will provide someone. I go back and forth on this "being led" thing. I've been burned by people who always criticized everything at church but never felt "led" to assist in anyway other than to criticize (maybe that's what their leading was?). It seemed that it was often an excuse just not to do something and not an excuse that any "good Christian" would question. At the same time, if you aren't called by God to do something then you shouldn't do it! How do you clearly discern God's direction for your life? How do you know when it is your own self clouding your judgement and when it is truly of God? Most church ministries are good so how do you know where you are to serve? I wish I felt as strong a leading as others have - some people just *know*. I admit that I envy that. I have always just served where there was a need. I rarely felt a strong pull in any specific direction. I don't really have any answers; just questions that I have pondered for awhile.

While my husband was watching football, I went and got my hair cut. It was time. I'm sure most woman know exactly what I am talking about - when we decide it's time, we want it done yesterday ! So today's picture is my hair cut. Not too different but a couple of inches off the bottom. Another question - why does my hair always end up looking the same no matter how I cut it? Hmmm...

2 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Lovely hair cut, Michelle. Glad you got a picture of it. I struggle with the whole serving where you are needed versus serving when you feel led as well. Interesting questions.

Michele said...

Kathy,
I thought some more about this and realized I'm not fantastic at anything. I have sung in the choir, taught ss and VBS, served on committees, helped with youth group activities and other things and I have been "adequate". I have done well but nothing stands out as an amazing talent that shows me what I should do. Some people are just so good at things, that it's obvious what they should be doing.