Waterfire in Providence, RI
Saturday, Rachel and I ran errands with my Mom. I had some shopping to do . Arthur and Andy hung out and went to a movie. Arthur and I made plans to go out with some friends, Barry and Lisa Phillips, that evening for dinner at the House of Wu. Arthur and I have been going to this Chinese restaurant since we were dating, 25 years ago. After dinner, we ended up going to Waterfire in Downtown Providence. In the 3 rivers in Downtown Providence, they have installed 100 bonfires. You stroll along the the cobblestone paths by the edge of the rivers, under the bridge archways listening to music from around the world and watching the gondolas. The funny thing is that this started in 1994 and we never went until the year we moved! Unfortunately, getting out is easier said than done so we were stuck in traffic for a bit.






2 comments:
Wow! What a neat outing. I'm sure the picture doesn't even do it justice.
That looks like an interesting adventure. I love to read about things that go on in different parts of the country.
Post a Comment